In tzedakah there are two hands:
One that gives and one that receives.
Be grateful that yours is a hand which can give.
We make a living by what we get,
We make a life by what we give.
Your generosity helps to support the ongoing mission of the Moses Montefiore Congregation and our larger community. You may choose to make a donation to Moses Montefiore in honor of a special person or special occasion, to congratulate or thank someone, or to remember a loved family member or friend.
- Tree of Life
- The golden leaves may be inscribed to highlight or commemorate such joyous events as births, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, bar/bat mitzvahs or to honor family and friends. Your purchase of a leaf supports the perpetuation of our synagogue and its activities.
- Share the joy by inscribing your family “simchas” on our synagogue’s Tree of Life… a permanent dedication to the meaningful, happy events that touch our lives.
- Yahrzeit Plaque
- An eternal record of a loved family member cast in bronze on our synagogue walls.
- Endowment Fund
- provides funds exclusively for cultural and educational programs of Jewish content.
- Perpetuity Fund
- provides funds for the operation, repair and maintenance of the facilities of the Congregation.
- Operating Fund
- provides funds exclusively for the operations of the Congregation.
- Israel Bonds
- Israel Bonds can be purchased and then donated to a non-profit organization such as Moses Montefiore Congregation. This is considered a Double Mitzvah.
- Spiritual leader Discretionary Fund
- For the Rabbi or Spiritual Leader of MMC to be used at their own discretion.
- General Donation
- We welcome all donations of any size to be utilized by the congregation. (Subject to board approval).